Roasted chicken with our sweet and tangy Basil Mustard is a quick and easy family meal. Simply chop up the vegetables and roast it all at the same time.
- 4 x tablespoons Roza’s Gourmet Sauces Basil Mustard
- 1 whole organic free range chicken
- 1 x 2cm thick roughly chopped sweet potato and eggplant
- 4 x halved zucchini
- 1 x 2cm thick chunky sliced red onion
- 1 x spring onion chopped
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray 2 oven trays with oil.
- Wash chicken and stuff spoons of basil mustard between the skin and the flesh, push evenly underneath the skin. Stuff the spring onion pieces into the cavity. Rub the top of the skin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper,
- Place chicken on on top of sliced onions and zucchini in one tray, and fill the other with the rest of the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Put both trays in the oven and roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Remove chicken tray from oven and stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, increase oven to 220°C and roast the root vegetables for a further 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Sprinkle vegetables with fresh parsley and salt. Serve with roast chicken.