Merry Christmas everyone! Silly season is finally here and it’s time to catch up with friends and family and share a delicious meal. The food on Christmas day in this part of the world generally involves fresh seafood and roasted meat such as ham or turkey. Remember, it doesn’t have to be complicated, just super tasty! Here are five simple gluten free ideas to turn your Christmas day meal into a feast.
1. Peel prawns and serve with Smokey Mayonnaise and lemon wedges.
Hint: You could also substitute with Wasabi Sichuan Mayonnaise for something deliciously different, don’t worry it’s very mild.
2. For the vegetarians stuff Portabello mushrooms with a blended mixture of Pesto Sauce, mushroom stalks, Cheddar and Brie cheese and roast for 25 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden.
Hint: Make a tasty vegan and dairy free version by stuffing the mushrooms with a blended mixture of Dairy Free pesto, mushroom stalks, roasted sweet potato and lemon zest topped with crunchy fried garlic chips.
3. Peel green prawns but leave the tail and use a wooden skewer to cook over the BBQ, serve covered with Thai Pesto and olive oil.
Hint: Peel and skewer the prawns wearing surgical rubber gloves to avoid the prawn smell on your hands.
4. Cook your whole crayfish for 12 – 15 minutes in a pot of seawater, or salted water. Once cooked, drain and with a big sharp knife split the crayfish down the middle and serve on a platter with Aioli Garlic Mayonnaise and lemon wedges.
Hint: The sweetness of freshly cooked crayfish meat would also be complimented perfectly by our tangy Remoulade.
5. Serve your perfectly roasted turkey with our Cranberry & Orange sauce, or use it has a glaze for a ham.
Hint: We make our Cranberry & Orange with whole cranberries and orange rind pieces that we marinate in a butterscotch brandy – so it is never too sweet like many cranberry sauces can be. We found this recipe on how to perfectly roast a Turkey, check it out here.