Our Thai Pesto is made on our beautiful basil Pesto Sauce base with the addition of chilli, ginger, garlic and fresh coriander. If you have some mince meat in the fridge you can easily create deliciously different meat balls, burgers or patties just by adding a few tablespoons of Thai pesto to a mixture with egg and breadcrumbs. For a vegetarian option pop some zucchini, spring onion, olive oil, egg, and sweet potato into the food processor with a couple of tablespoons of our Thai Pesto to create absolutely delicious vegetarian patties ready to be used in any meal.
Impress your lover this Valentine’s Day with some home-cooked tasty wontons! Lately we have been experimenting with wonton wrappers and this recipe is a winner! Wontons are versatile because you can steam them, put them in soups, or lightly fry for a crunchy texture. Perfect for entertaining and fun to create, everyone will want to get involved. You can pick up 30 wonton wrappers from all major supermarkets for around $3.
(serves 4 – around 8 wontons each)
- 300g of turkey (or chicken) mince
- 2 tblsp of Roza’s Gourmet Sauces Thai Pesto
- 1 finely chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon of seasame oil
- 30 wonton wrappers
- Combine mince, Thai Pesto, zucchini, seasame oil in a medium bowl.
- Brush edge of each wonton wrapper with water
- Place a rounded teaspoon of mixture in the centre of wrapper; pinch edges together to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and chicken mixture.
- **Pan-frying: Have about 1/2 cup water, a large frying pan, and a lid handy. Heat the pan with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over high heat. Wait about 1 minute for the oil to heat up. (You can also use a small piece of extra wonton wrapper or bread to test whether the pan is hot enough; it should sizzle immediately upon being placed in the pan.) Once the pan is hot, place the number of wontons you want to cook smooth side down in the pan. Allow them to sear for about 1 to 2 minutes, until the bottoms turn golden brown. Add the water, immediately cover with a lid, and let the wontons steam for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with Roza’s Gourmet Sauces Hot Lover as a dipping sauce (especially for Valentine’s Day)
- **Add to Soup: Add wontons to clear soup stock; simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until wontons float to the surface. Serve with topped with bean sprouts fresh coriander and basil.