This month we are proud to feature Roza’s Gourmet Sauces Orange and Ginger Mayonnaise! Our zesty mayonnaise, made with fresh squeezed orange juice, orange rind and coconut is the ultimate seafood accompaniment. Our recipe for coconut prawns is a summer delight and the perfect match for this tangy mayonnaise.
Coconut prawns with Roza’s Orange & Ginger Mayonnaise
- 1kg medium green prawns
- 1 egg
- 40ml (2 tbs) milk
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Vegetable oil, to shallow fry
- Roza’s Orange and Ginger Mayonnaise, to serve
1. Peel and de-vein the prawns, keeping the tails intact.
2. Combine the egg and milk in a small bowl. Dip prawns into flour to lightly coat, then egg mixture, followed by coconut. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, shallow-fry prawns for 1-2 minutes each side until golden brown. Set aside to drain on paper towel.
3. Serve the prawns with Roza’s Orange & Ginger Mayonnaise.