Sweet and spicy is such a fun flavor combination! This week’s recipe features a recipe with that very flavor profile. The spicy chickpea patties, seasoned with curry powder, combined with the cooling sweetness of Roza’s Gourmet Sauces Mango Chutney will make your taste buds dance with delight! This is a vegetarian recipe, though easily “vegan-ized” with the substitution of soy yoghurt instead of the Greek-style yoghurt. Enjoy!
Spicy Chickpea Patties with Roza’s Mango Chutney
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 x 300g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons Roza’s Gourmet Sauces Mango Chutney
- 1 cucumber, sliced, to serve
- Pulse chickpeas in food processor until roughly chopped. Add 1/2 cup yoghurt, curry powder, egg and breadcrumbs. Process until mixture is well-combined, but still chunky. Spoon into a large bowl. Add green onions and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well-combined.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture per chickpea patty into balls. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Flatten balls into patties. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Place chickpea patties on serving plates. Dollop portion of Roza’s Gourmet Sauce’s Mango Chutney on top of patties or on the side. Serve with cucumber slices.