Ingredients for 4 Servings:
- 4 (about 150g each) skinless salmon fillets, coarsely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbs. Roza’s Gourmet Sauces Wasabi Sichuan Mayonnaise
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 20 ml fresh lime juice
- Vegetable oil, to grease
- 1 cucumber
- 4 whole grain buns, split, toasted
- 4 butter lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- Place the salmon in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide salmon mixture into 4 equal portions and form 6cm patties. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Brush a chargrill pan with oil to grease. Heat over high heat.
- Add the salmon patties and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Or, if cooking on a grill, cook for same amount of time.
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber lengthways into thin ribbons.
- Split rolls and on the bottom portion of the bun, each with 1 tbs. of Roza’s Gourmet Sauces Wasabi Sichuan Mayonnaise.
- Top with lettuce, patties and cucumber, and onion.
- Top off with the top end of the bun and serve.
How to Pick Your Wine:
Roza’s recommends Witchmount 2010 Lowen Park Sauvignon Blanc to compliment our Salmon Burgers with Wasabi Mayonnaise. This well-balanced white has a crisp finish and plenty of tropical notes to play up our the tangy dish. Enjoy!